Friday 17 May 2013

David Beckham Is Retiring From Soccer

Global superstar David Beckham will retire from professional soccer (or football, depending on where you live) at the end of the season, BBC News reported Thursday.
 168625033
"I'm thankful to PSG for giving me the opportunity to continue but I feel now is the right time to finish my career, playing at the highest level," he said.

He added:
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love. However, I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back
The move will bring to a close a wildly successful career that has spanned nearly two decades and four countries, including that time he moved to Los Angeles and tried to make soccer happen here in America (It didn't work).

But hey, at least his career will end on a high note. Not only did he donate his entire salary from Paris St-Germain to charity, he also helped the team win France's first title in 19 years. 
David Beckham Promotes His New H&M Underwear Collection

Beckham joined Manchester United in 1996 at the young age of 14. From there, he would go on to become arguably the most recognizable (and best-looking) face in the sport. He was even responsible for making Keira Knightely a star.

Off the field, Beckham was also known for marrying a Spice Girl and always dressing better than us.

Beckham's career wraps Sunday, May 26 at Lorient. 

Like our Fan's page on Facebook here: Naijagigs  and on Twitter here: @naijagigs
Culled from: CELEBUZZ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here. Thanks!