Friday 17 May 2013

Kelly Rowland: I Was 'Enraged' By Beyonce's Fame

She's not gonna diss you on the internet, but she will sing about you in a song. ('Cause her mama taught her better than that.)

Kelly Rowland has finally copped to what many fans suspected, admitting that she was envious of Destiny's Child member Beyonce's solo success after their girl group had disbanded. 
beyonce-kelly-rowland

In Rowland's new song, aptly titled "Dirty Laundry," she croons about her inner struggle to be happy for her childhood friend, singing:
When my sister was on stage killin' it like a motherf***er/ I was enraged, feelin' it like a motherf***er/ Bird in a cage/ You would never know what I was dealin' with/ Went our separate ways but I was happy she was killin' it/ Bittersweet she was up, I was down/ No lie, I feel good for her but what do I do now? ...
Post-Survivor, she on fire/ Who wanna hear my bullsh*t?
 
The 32-year-old also reveals she was in an abusive relationship at the time, which caused her to spiral into depression and hindered her chances of making it big as a solo singer.

"He pulled me out and said 'Don’t nobody love you but me / Not your mama / Not your daddy / and especially not Bey," Rowland sings about her ex, adding that she was "lucky" to be in the "Crazy In Love" songstress' shadow during this rough patch.

Given that Bey still welcomed her with open arms during their Destiny's Child reunion at this year's Super Bowl, it's safe to say that their friendship remains untarnished.

Head over to Directlyrics to uncover more truths from Rowland's "Dirty Laundry." 
KellyRowlandOfficial’s avatar 

Like our Fan's page on Facebook here: Naijagigs  and on Twitter here: @naijagigs
Culled from: CeleBuzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here. Thanks!